PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Hatred....please.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2005, 01:04
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These kinds of discussions always remind me of the patently paradoxical parroting by the crowd in Life of Brian: We're all individuals!

At the heart of the problem is the fact that, despite the name of the forum, and notwithstanding how often it's asserted, no one in the aviation industry is a true professional. I realise that lots of you earnestly believe or hope that you are, but the very existence of this forum, and the content of some of the discussions that go on here, prove otherwise.

Members of true professions are obliged to maintain the integrity and reputation of their profession by ensuring that their communications are courteous and that they avoid offensive or provocative language or conduct. The most technically competent doctor or lawyer is prone to disciplinary action, including removal of the right to practice, if s/he were to engage in the kinds of discourteous, offensive and provocative language that pollutes PPRuNe, or at least D&G. That's one of the reasons for there not being a doctors' or lawyers' equivalent of PPRuNe.

If I were to suggest that all aviation licences should be subject to a condition that the holder must maintain the integrity and reputation of their profession by ensuring that their communications are courteous and that they avoid offensive or provocative language or conduct, I would be cyber-lynched.

Altogether now: We're all fu*kin' professionals!