PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60 Battle vs ALPA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 18:48
FoxHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did those groups that "lost" their pensions give them up on their own accord? What I am saying is just because a pilot group or two gave up their pensions to "save" their airline does not mean we should raise the retirement age
No, not one of these pilots gave up their pension to save their airline. A Judge did it, guess you're really out of touch.

Don't go comparing the U.S with the rest of the world. You and I both know that the Americans are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the world and if you start comparing the U.S to the rest of the world the U.S. is in a world of hurt and not just financially.
I've had the good fortune to work in much of the rest of the world. Your ignorance makes the rest of us look bad.

The reason some of the world has raised their retirement age is because those countries don't pay their pilots anything. I.E Air NZ top pay for a B-747-400 captain is $100,000 a year! SAA is a little above that. Most if not all of the U.S widebody FOs make more than that even after all of the paycuts.
Again your ignorance makes us all look bad. Are you sure your not just a school boy with a little extra time at the end of your summer holiday

Again just because you were on furlough for a portion of your career don't ruin the whole industry. I am sure that you are doing fine now.
I am doing quite well now, and if I am lucky enough to be in good health a little over two years from now I would like the option to continue.