PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay As You Dine has emptied the Dining Room(Of diners)
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 16:24
mbga9pgf

Agreed. And to top it all, they expect to take over our bars and close down potential competition, such as Squadron bars!!! They will never get away with it.

Bob, if the food was so bad, why didnt you complain, where I am, we get steak twice a week, a fish course every night, deserts from heaven... someone somewhere is skimping. Why doesnt your mess adopt true PAYD, with supplementary costs at lunchtime? the profits from an overpacked lunch easily cover additional expenses at breakfast/Dinner. I would suggest that if you had not experienced abortionised PAYD as yet you give it a whirl. You may be unpleasantly surprised. Then ask yourself, is such more expensive meagre muck worth loosing cheap bar priveledges and discount summer Balls? Loss of all squadron bars? Eating in MCofficers mess? Mess life as a whole? I personally dont think it is, and am sticking to myguns when I say abortionised PAYD will be the end of many customs and cheap beer in the Officers/SNcO Messes.