PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old Chestnut - Renewal of SEP Type Rating
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 10:31
Circuit Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, thanks all for the contributions - apologies, Keygrip, but I inadvertently typed the 'T' word instead of the 'C' word. I've been through the revalidation process 3 times now and it's all been hunky dory.

I pretty well understood the procedure, but LASORS now refers to a Skill Test in accordance with 'Appendices 1 & 3 to JAR-FCL 1.240' instead of the Licence Proficiency Check that used to be referred to in years gone by. As FCL 1 is not available on-line for inspection, I wasn't sure what the content of that Skill Test should be and I was really trying to confirm whether the data on the On Track web site was a current representation of the system (as an instructor / examiner talking to me last week said that the LPC was now a skill test).

I am aware of (and familiar with) most of the ifs, buts and maybes of passing a skill test for another rating, etc and tried to ensure that it was clear that I wasn't just asking the old bi-annual renewal question. I was certainly aware of the 'up to 3 months before', 'no backdating' and 'must be done by midnight on the expiry date' bits.

Thanks, Whirly for understanding where I'm coming from - I have had chances to fly in the last year, but I have taken the decision that I was not in a fit mental state (stress through work / house move / baby / exhaustion) to fly on each of these occasions.

This was not just a 'I can't be ar$ed to look it up' type question, honest!!