PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax food and service
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2005, 19:47
sixmilehighclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BWB -
and also no duty free?! (don't tell me we've contracted out our duty free supplier to GG too?!). I thought the crew should have at least offered the PAX a drink of water.
GG deliver the duty free to the aircraft, as with the vast majority of other caterers as the Customs bond do not have their own vehicles to my knowledge, and it would cause a nightmare with hi-lift lorries coming and going to the aircraft all the time.
As far as water is concerned, again, the mineral water comes from GG, and there was not another company able to supply the huge amounts of water required at short notice. Most crew I know would rather offer the customer nothing to drink than offer the apparantly 'potable' tap water on board.

If you are travelling BA in the near future, take a bottle of water, or drinks, some snacks and use your voucher for food and more drinks. Most longhauls endevour to supply you with water, juice, tea, coffee and a light meal/snack. The shorthauls have nothing or very little, as priority of stock is given to longer flights.

From what I've seen, BA are doing the best they can given the situation. I came back from a shorthaul destination today where snack boxes were given out onboard as well as a terminal voucher, the crew were hoarding whatever was left and stowing it for the next flight where there was only water being loaded. Some crew are bringing in milk and teabags for the customers paid for from their own pockets. Chocolates for children too. I even saw passengers get up and help serve and clear up today!! Everyone was understanding. The managers at GG should be put to a panel for questioning, they seem to have caused this mess then lie low. Cowards.