PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax food and service
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2005, 15:51
whattimedoweland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aologies to all if my previous post was a little too direct.The fact is from a young age for whatever reason I always wanted to be cabin crew for BA.

I have now nearly 20 years service with BA, 13 as crew and to date I am always pleased to be coming into work in a proud way and looking after the punters who pay good money and in turn pay my wages.I enjoy the job I do even if many would'nt want to do it.

I got stranded on holiday and tomorrow is my first day back.I will do all I can to motivate the crew and encourage them to do their best with what they have.

In truth I am going to be totally embarrassed having nothing to give and also very little to do.

I will no doubt have to take a lot of stick and negative comments and rightly so as our passengers deserve better.

The time has come for BA and Gate Gourmet to stop their finger pointing at each other and get this resolved for the benefit of all,start pulling out all the stops and start getting some sort of food back on the aircraft.If not their are many good carriers out there who will end up taking our business and loyal customers who will only stay loyal for so long.

Gate Gourmets management should be disgusted at the way they have treated thier staff and the whole way they have handled this situation.

BA management 'eggs in one basket' comes to mind,next time look beyond the ends of your nose's.Maybe it's time to bring the catering back in-house after another failed out sourcing!!.

A very unhappy,sad but still for some reason, loyal employee.

WTDWL.