PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO SE IR to JAA ME IR
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2005, 11:21
Liquorice Allsorts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO SE IR to JAA ME IR

Has anyone got any experience of converting an ICAO SE IR to a JAA ME IR without having a JAA ME rating?

Lasors mentions the following routes

Holders of an ICAO SE IR(A) wishing to obtain a JAR-FCL ME IR(A) will be Required to attend an approved IR(A) training provider. There are currently 3 allternative aproved courses of training
to obtain the JAR-FCL ME IR(A).

Applicants should consult with the IR training provider as to which course of training they have been approved to conduct:-

Option 1: Complete a minimum of 15 hours SE IR flight instruction, of which 5 hours may be in a FNPT 1 or 10 hours in a FNPT 2 or Flight Simulator. In addition, applicants must hold a multi-engine class rating and complete an additional 5 hours instrument flying instruction in multi-engine aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in a Flight Simulator or FNPT 2 and pass a ME
IR(A) Skill Test; or

Option 2: Complete a minimum of 13 hours ME IR flight instruction in a ME FNPT 2. In addition, applicants must hold a multi-engine class rating and complete at least 7 hours instrument flying instruction in multi-engine aeroplanes; or

Option 3: Complete a minimum of 15 hours ME IR instruction in a Multi-engine aeroplane (no instructional time will be allowed in a FNPT or
Flight Simulator).

Option 3 doesn't seem to mention needing a multi-engine class rating beforehand, whereas options 1 and 2 do. Does the multi-rating have to be done separately or is it included in the option 3 method of convertion?

Thanks in advance.