PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying suits & GA pilots
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2005, 19:00
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Coming to this slightly cold, but as a known flying suit wearer.

- What good reason is there NOT to wear one? They are comfortable, keep your clothes clean, have pockets in the right place, and (in extremis) may aid your safety.

The badge issue, and the RAF-green issue are stylistic. I confess that I wear an RAF suit and it has several badges on it. There are two reasons for this. Firstly I have several that I was issued with and haven't worn out yet, secondly I wear the same suits for work flying, where the badges have some significance. I could take them off - but why?

When the green ones wear out (always supposing Lizzie's enterprises doesn't invite me back, which is possible but probably unlikely) I shall buy a different colour.

But in the meantime, of-course many other people wear green growbags who have never been in a military cockpit. This is presumably because they are cheaply and readily available second hand, very comfortable and hardwearing, and perhaps a lot of PPLs like that bit of tacit oneness with the most professional flying organisation in the world?

G