PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2005, 23:35
SA Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's about folks being told they can do a PPL in three weeks and book flights accordingly.
Unhappily here Rob has an extremely valid point. I hope that SA Schools are not similarly marketing SA licences as equivalent to European licences in europe. I had many discussions with potential students looking to do 3 week courses in my day and I pointed out that I was yet to meet the graduate of a 3 week course. Face it: it's patheticly bad advertising.

SA Licence standards: well having validated the holders of UK, German, Swiss, FAA, Turkey and SA licences I can reliably tell you that all of the aforementioned have tried to kill me at one time or another. SA Holders seem better equipped in SA conditions however. FAA holders would be my second choice....

Is Rob out of line in attacking SA advertising? Well since we are the kings of the non-existent 3 week course I don't think so... I'd guess this affect the credibility of the rest of our advertising too.

Wouldn't have rewarded this thread with a reply but it was already at the top....

BTW Gunns, PPrune drops cookies on your machine which potentially allows them to narrow a series of posts to one "keyboard." Being smart guys I\'ll bet they use this info when it suits them.