PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter instruction: Cost etc
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2001, 05:57
George Semel

In the US its just Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. I got one with Single and Multiengine class ratings on it. If you are going to fly for a Commuter or Regional Airline along with the Majors and for any seat in a jet, yep its a must have. I just have a Commercial with Instruments for Helicopters and I'm going to do the Airline Transport Pilot Rotorcraft Helicopter. Why because more and more employers here are asking for it. It's like and Instrument Helicopter Rating 15 years ago it was nice to have now if you don't you may not get hired. About 10 years ago you took the first offer you got in Jan or else you would not have a seat for the season. Now things are a little better. I know what its like to be a low time pilot, its not fun, but on the other hand a willingness to put up with some things will help latter on. The Helicopter end of the business is very fickle. Its going to get better down the road. Some of you guys that Are in training now will end up with some pretty good seats in a few years.