PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 10th Aug 2005, 10:30
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking about the Roo Rooter and his efforts to destroy QF employees conditions whilst feathering his own nest,Some thoughts on the JFK dispensation vote.

It concerns me that a YES vote will create a precendent.

That means two things:

1: That the company can then argue in court that we should be able to operate other flights of similar nature.When the company gets (and it will happen sooner or later) new aircraft that have the ability to fly 19 or 20 hours then we should operate other flights such as MEL/SIN/MEL and the like.If they have set up appropriate crew rest and crew complement(suitable to QF I mean) ,they might have a legal case if we have created a precendent whether intentionally or by error through poor legal advice.

2: Why is the current faaa leadership so interested in tacitly aggreeing with everything the company chooses simply by saying "well they are legally entitled to do so". If that is the case ,we are entitled under our EBA to deny dispensation for the JFK trip. If the faaa is acting to protect Australian jobs,they are doing it in a funny way.We should be proactive and in that way make the company react to us instead of the other way around.

With crew amongst us like peanutnob bin laden who feel the company is so threatened and believes the rhetoric that the company delivers through roadshows etc...then we will have to act at faaa meetings.

I feel if we vote YES we will be opening a potential disaster.

Last edited by lowerlobe; 10th Aug 2005 at 10:44.