PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scotia
Thread: Scotia
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2001, 00:20
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Coalface,
Well said. I've worked for quite a few operators and never yet found one with decent management. In most cases you could see how the management got where they were and, therefore, why they behaved as they did. Back in the old days (the grumpy old ****** reminisced) there was no real management as such and our leaders were benevolent despots, but at least, even if you didn't like them, you could respect them. Now, with beancounters ruling the world, only the weak and sycophantic, or the truly nasty get to the top. The result speaks for itself - I'm still looking for a posting on these forums where any pilot, engineer or ATCO talks of how happy he is with his lot or what a great employer he works for.
EFIS is great in the tropics eh? Flying in a rubber bag is great too. In Victorian times little children crawled around in the coal mines dragging around baskets of coal behind them, then something called progress came along and changed all that. Mind you, there are no coal mines in UK now. Ah well that's progress for you. The helicopter industry still employs children to drag around the baskets. But then I guess I'm just an old cynic.