PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scotia
Thread: Scotia
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2001, 00:16
coalface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am new to this game but my observations are as follows. Scotia pilots think they deserve more money do they?. I am a Scotia pilot and I am fed up listening to the hypocrisy being banded around in the crew room and posted on the Yahoo.com forum. It is nothing to do with "pilot retention". Every pilot is in the game for their own individual interests and the present commercial situation has given us the strongest opportunity to screw some more money out of our employers. Yes you can argue about employers vs oil companies but all the pilots want is to take advantage of the situation (even although Sept 11th has weekened it somewhat). It is no different to the helicopter companies who have taken advantage of the situation to push the rates up and the oil companies who have taken advantage of their circumstances in the past to screw their suppliers or customers when they can. It is called Capitalism. At the end of the day a judgement is made by all which will balance short termism with long termism and take a gamble on what can be achieved. Even although Scotia (CHC) is doomed in the long term due to their poor quality management, who can blame us for trying to get what we can out of this. At the end of the day it is dog eat dog. The only sad factor is that Scotia management has not got the skill to manage the situation properly and has allowed the situation to get out of hand. Lets face it, Scotia will make us redundant at the drop of a hat when they lose contracts. We might as well make hay while the sun shines before we are sacked and end up having to work for Bond when they take the work from scotia!

[ 20 October 2001: Message edited by: coalface ]