PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2005, 08:29
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have followed all these postings with interest ( and occasional boredom ) since the original CFS post by Sanjo sometime ago. I have more than a passing interest - I was at an SA school which was also in the way of relieving students of their cash by dubious means. It is no secret, a search will turn it up, the school was FTC.
When FTC was first taken to task here on prune people were shouted down, and told to be quiet. And people continued to go there, and to be ripped off. Yet here people still said it was rubbish and they were a reputable school. Yeah they once were but things change very quickly in aviation. This continued until there was an overwhelming opinion against them. And true to form they folded, taking a lot of money with them. Indeed they actively sent out mails promising exceptionally cheap flying in return for advance payment, knowing full well they were on the way out.
My point? Anytime someone from the UK dares to talk badly of an SA school you guys are all over them in a flash. As though anyone could dare suggest there are bent flying school bosses over there. People are being ripped off and misled guys. I have mixed views on Sanjo, but he did win in court. What is disturbing also is Mr Pugh using his position as editor of a flight training magazine to give him some credibility when misselling products.
if you don't want to read bad things about CFS then don't click on the post. If sanjo annoys you put him on your ignore list. But prune exists, as Towers said, to expose things such as this, and to help us all make an informed choice.