PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Industrial Awards
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2005, 03:48
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In answer to Physco joe.I have said that we are not perfect but who in this industry is. My concern with your point is that for us to not pursue the claim would be a couple of factors at play. The first being what position are you classified in; to give you an example there are many pilots under the misunderstanding that if you hold the qualification you get paid for it. this is not always the situation if the employer classifies you as a Grade 2 instructor even though you hold a Grade 1 then the pay rate is at Grade 2. a similar situation in the ATPL allowance if you hold but are not required to use or exercise its privileges then you do not get the allowance.
If your case was clear cut that the job you were classified for was being performed then not paid I do find it a little hard to believe that frst we wouldn't do it or secondly even Department of Workplace Relations do not dismiss an application they may take a little longer dependent on their workload.

I certainly agree with your point about helping in the 'nursery' of flying this is something the Federation has always done and will continue do. With the exception of the split away Qantas overseas committee in 1981 (because they did not want their money spent on other than Qantas pilots) the Federation has actively supported helping GA members and for every bad story i am sure we can produce ten good results. One of our flaws is that we don't flaunt it like others perhaps and allow people with minimal info bag us. However we have survived the bad times and will continue to service our members who want our help.

Lawrie Cox