PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Organisations Committees and their members
Old 6th Aug 2005, 04:51
theITguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the IT guru.
Hi Parrhresiastes,

IT Guru here (your words - not mine. I would never be so brazen...) - how are ya?

As the admin of the AOPA forum, it pains me to think that one of our own, an AOPA member would be trying to discredit the organisation by selectively cross posting certain messages in an attempt to create an image of conflict or disharmony. I mean seriously - who would pay over $100 a year to be a member of an organisation just to try and discredit it?

This morning I'd had enough so I analysed the AOPA logs to see who was reading what and when. There weren't a lot of people reading both threads at the same time, so I thought I'd try something. I set the AOPA server up to ban access to one user on a hunch, and to then see what happened on Pprune. And guess what - you took the bait

The AOPA members were quite happy to leave Pprune and stick to their own forum, but you just couldn't quit - could you?

Tell me - what ever were you doing at 1am surfing the web? Oh, that's right... silly me. It's only 11pm on that side of the country.

Best Regards,
The IT Guru

ps - print this one off and stick it on the fridge kids, it probably won't be around for long...