PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Industrial Awards
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2005, 00:33
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a pilot wants help in recovering their entitlements as a member it costs nothing for someone who joins we will provide assistance to enable you to claim back but we will not represent you in those circumstances. For everybody else there is the Department of Workplace Relations office in each State or pay for an experienced industrial lawyer.
Been there, tried that.

I had an employer that stopped paying wages and refused to pay super and other entitlements to the pilots.

The union wouldn't do anything because; "It's your word against theirs (the employer)."

the DWR wouldn't act because; "we're busy and you pilots are payed a fortune so you're not a priority to us".

This isn't an isolated case, the fact is that the union isn't interested in GA pilots. I can't go further without naming and implicating, but words to this effect have been mentioned several times by senior members of the AFAP.

A agree that the crooks are winning, but with the help of union complacency. When was the last time anyone in GA saw a union rep come into the work place as is common in any other industry.

Just remember GA pilot's become airline pilot's, by then they've learnt to go elsewhere for representation.

Last edited by psycho joe; 6th Aug 2005 at 00:45.