PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Organisations Committees and their members
Old 5th Aug 2005, 07:52
Parrhresiastes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is more fun than Desperate Housewives.

It gets worse, much worse and this from an organisation purporting to represent GA, that you pay money to belong to, which also entitles you to participate in discussions on their members only forum.

It seems that discussion is fine as long as it comply's with the thinking of the Chairmans Big Book on How to Save GA.

This from a member who is notoriously gulity of the same behaviour against others with whom he disagrees, wrapping himself in the cloth of sophistry.

Board

I have read XXXXX recent posts on my thread "TIME FOR A RETHINK".

(a discussion of how to arrest a rapidly declining membership and lack of relevance)

Those posts express a strong opinion. However, I can find no defamation. =TRUE

The posts are on the secure members only area of this site.

Following his post yesterday, again expressing his opinion,

THIS MORNING I FIND THAT HE IS BANNED FOR A MONTH.

Censorship of this forum, because a member is outspoken and in opposition to others views is NOT, repeat NOT, legitimate. This Forum is designed for an interchange of ideas and disagreement.

For the Board, or any member of the Board, to censor/ban a member without warning and just cause is a serious breach.

I like XXX and if he steps out of line I will personally stick it to him. But I am also a believer in fair play. He was bullied on the day he resigned, once is enough.

Do not lower this Forum to the behavioural standard of a certain other.

DO NOT RING ME - JUST DO NOT REPEAT THIS.
It gets better:

Board Executive

I have just received from XXX the reason for his ban.

It is so significant that I intend to quote direct from it.

"Your access to the XXXX Forum has been suspended on a decision by the Executive.

It is the Executive's belief that under the new XXXX Board Members Deed they are required to promote XXXX at all times.
They further believe that in allowing, what is in their opinion, denigration of the association as a whole violates that deed.
Your current conduct has meant that the Executive has had little choice but to suspend your access."

Gentlemen of the Executive
You had better get ready to suspend me also as I say that your comment is patent b...s..t.

What you are saying to try and justify your actions is that any criticism of XXXX = denigration = automatic excuse for a ban.

Sorry Messrs Goebbels, free speech doesn't work that way. This Forum should encourage vigorous debate on matters XXXX with criticism implicit as appropriate.

Such criticism can also be opinion, it need not always be fact.

As a member of Free Speech XXXXXXX I absolutely distance myself as my States joint XXXX Rep from the decision taken in this case by the Executive of XXXX.
Sign up sign up don't miss the fun and games, it just appears you should not expect to get anything much for your ideas, strong opinions or money apart from being told you too are, shock horror, anti GA.

There are masochists and there are fools, in this case its a bit hard to work out which is whom.

I wonder how long it will take to for them to close down the forum completely, there was some discussion about trying to trace which member was looking at which thread and "following" them from there, to check on whether their subsequent behaviour was "fit and proper".

To top it off they have a "PPRuNe stoops to a new low" thread going, on which to post imagined slights. is this paranoid behaviour or what.

A Psych could retire on the proceeds from this lot.

Deja-vu was not just a song title you know.

Last edited by Parrhresiastes; 5th Aug 2005 at 08:14.