PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2005, 08:46
congoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oddly enough Gunzz, I agree with you. I too think this whole thing should be laid to rest for the greater good of the aviation community. But before it is, let's just summarise why this all happened. Firstly, this whole debacle was of your friends own making. You can't treat people the way he has for years on end, bringing Sa GA training into disrepute - and not expect a backlash sooner or later. What you sow in life, you will surely reap. "The big wheel turns," as one contributor put it. This is an irrefutable truth. He only has himself to blame for things getting to this stage. While we all have sympathy for his family circumstances - these things should make us better men, more gentle and compassionate - not harder, more callous and arrogant. If he thinks he has been judged unfairly, then ask him to look at the fairness and the methods he has employed in dealing with his staff/students/compeditors. I'm not making idle statements here - ample documented proof exists, as do the witnesses. Ironically, I don't think he has suffered financially to any great degree. He still flaunts his wealth quite openly, even though his creditors are left waiting for their money.
As we speak, three pending court cases are in the pipeline, all of which are going to cost him dearly to defend.
How about having a chat to your friend and asking him for a commitment to settle these guys fairly, and then clean up his act, so as not to bring the Sa aviation training industry into further disrepute. Maybe then we can put this whole sordid experience behind us and get on with our lives. How about it?