PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance in UK
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2001, 19:47
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Pan,
Your dead right, most of what come's to pass is always to the detriment of some service or another, the problem is you never miss it till it's not there and you need it!
I suppose I am no different to any Joe public member, one of my sons broke his back in a Parasending (Bloody silly sport ) accident 18 months ago, he was left half way up a hill that was to steep to walk up, but the flight crew from EGNH got to him and got him to hosp PDQ, he is now well on the way to full movement again, but had that incident not happened I could never have seen me getting all my neighbours to join the Hems lottery or give regular donations to them, That is why I feel so able to want to speak up for them, it really is not some thing I want to keep for me or my family, it is the nesseccity for any person who needs that Golden Hour rescue, for that is the biggest potential saver of all injured or seriously ill human beings (anybody sell Halo's) but you'll know what I mean, it should be state funded not volunteered(getting of my horse now)