PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2005, 20:50
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A Request Please

To the owners and moderators of PPRUNE and fellow regular PPRUNER Contributors:

Lately I have (purposefully) kept out of the firing line but I can not shut my big mouth any longer so excuse the bad English and all … here comes though ..

When Sandy Young started this thread he was immediately put on thin ice by 4HP.
You're playing it very close to the line Sandy - especially for a 2nd post
I think the time has come that he has broken the ice, made his point, won the court case and won his cash and good luck to him but let us end this endless Cape Flying Services (CFS) / Gerald Todd (GT) and Naunton Pugh (NP) bashing.

By continuing to run this thread from one man's inputs and then with a few followers has gone to far I think. Please I have no doubt that the court was fair in their judgement and I have no problems in south coast having a problem with GT or PPRUNE Towers with this and that … that is not my point I am going to try and make here.

When I was in George I asked about Sandy and as far as I know they told me the following (verified by his instructor – who even he admitted was professional and dedicated). Sandy was allocated an aircraft and had a very dedicated Instructor who clearly understood that Sandy was on a tight time schedule.

It was also made clear to Sandy that it was not going to be easy, and once again on the signed terms and conditions, the very ones our guys signed, he signed that he understood that they would do their best but cannot be held responsible for delays beyond their control. (My son took 6 weeks – the professional institution CFS is grounded them when the wind was too strong … I know of another flight school that pushed the limits and a heap or two of scrap is the result).

The Private Pilots Licence calls for a minimum of 25 hours of dual and 15 solo, and if I remember correct Sandy took 32 odd hours before going solo, in 17 days. That's 7 hours more dual than the PPL requirement according to the SA ‘s CAA.

Dual time takes up more time, if that makes sense, than solo time. Once the student goes solo, the back of the course was broken and the rest is downhill. Sandy shouldn't complain about what he accomplished together with the help of a dedicated Instructor and the facilities made available to him, I very much doubt that there are many schools that could do better ?

I remember an incident when CFS did not have enough serviceable aircraft for our guys on course. What did he do ? He leased in an aircraft (or two) as he said we paid up front and that was the deal … weather permitting and of course some African troubles (too little rice in the stomach)… the guys all finished except one.

Ok … now What about the 100's of people that had good experiences ?

Do you post about the 99 good flights you had with BA ? No the bad one get’s mentioned. For 2 years and 3 months Sandy Young and the anti - GT / CFS / NP had their turn to beat down a Flying School. Surely this is going on too long ? I mean just as soon as the saga disappears Young and other complainants has another story. So for more than 2 years if people search on PPRUNE Africa they will get this negative attitude from CFS / GT / NP.

Yes, as the court case swung Young’s way – he won and he made his point. Why can’t we move on now ?

Now think about it this way if we start a rumour about congoman’s Flying School (Let’s call it Wawwy Wawweck Flying school (if he has a flying school - sorry it is pure co-incidence - just an example) ... Let’s say he flew one of his aircraft 60 hours past an MPI …. one bad mouth and then another and 5 good one's ... people like to read bad news and the bad news will stuck. I promise you overnight Wawwy’s Flying School will take a huge dent.

Now right or wrong if a thread (or THREE as in Sandy Young’s case) runs for 2 years and 3 months … imagine the damage caused ? So yes NP / CFS Europe was wrong according to the court and SY won – well done. In the 2 years imagine how much damage had he caused. All he does is laugh about it and has done NOTHING to further aviation on PPRUNE. (Explained later)

How must Mr Todd / CFS feel at this stage ? I can just imagine the damage it has caused him financially or otherwise his reputation alone. I am sure in hind - sight he wishes now that he just paid Sandy his 350 frickin pound s...

A Question to PPRUNE TOWERS (Sorry Rob mate no ill-feelings) but you make the following remark on nyati :

An interesting and valid point nyathi,

Of your 15 posts on this site 4 of them regard CFS - over a quarter according to my fading skills.

A strong history of posting on a single subject or business raises our readers' eyebrows just as much whether a booster or detractor.

As an 'extreme' example consider the 'characters' on the long running huey threads who make no other contribution on any subject anywhere else on the site. It goes both ways doesn't it?

Regards
Rob
Have you done your homework on Sandy Young PPRUNE TOWERS ? The only responsible thing he has done on PPRUNE was to blemish the good name (for most of us they have a good name) of GT / CFS and NP.

Yes Nyathi might have defended his boss but what about the 37 pots of Sandy Young taking a crack at GT / CFS.

Sanjo69 has made 37 posts at the time of writing. Of those 36 was on the African Forum. Of the 36, 35 was about himself / NP / CFS or GT. The only other post was in any case also about them. So 36/37 PPRUNE TOWERS is according to my fading skills close to 100 % vs nyati’s one quarter – so why pick on him ?

Sorry Rob mate (we had some good posts in the past and some good run abouts according to my fading skills but you are very in favour of Sandy Young (sanjo69) on this one.

I just quickly scanned another “New poster” – 3 posts to be exact. Congoman : Now congoman has made three posts this month and I have it under great confidentiality /trust and inside info from his “trusted insiders” that congoman is non other than Mr W. W. who happens to be the owner of FTC from George who is the biggest competition of GT / CFS. He has posted 3 out of 3 – all degenerating GT / CFS. I wonder why … and what will his motives be

Why not question him on his 100% anti-Todd / CFS / NP sentiment ?

When 4HP gave Sanjo69 leeway to make his case he answered :

This complaint is not directed at Cape Flying Services George, but, Mr Naunton Pugh, trading as Cape Flying Services (Europe).
That is not the way the two years of exposure ran ??? Sanjo69 never kept his side of the treaty …

Ok now I have it also on good authority that a certain aircraft from a certain flying school in George over flew his aircraft by 60 hrs since an MPI.

Catching the drift ??? Shall I start that rumour ? Blemish someone’s name until it get binned ?

This thread and the other three had done their damage and should be considered for deletion as I can start a few rumours that will blemish a few companies ... oh ... of course I will use another username (called trolling).

You might think two threads … what happened to Irish-Pilot27 ? Yeah we know it was Sandy Young. 4 posts in 2 days and he NEVER , ever appeared again on PPRUNE – all 4 posts degrading / GT / CFS. So three threads running over two years … same story same irk … (Irish Pilot features in this thread) - the Other CFS thread is now closed I see.

PPRUNE TOWERS you did not mention that one either. Sorry I am not taking a dig at you but you should have been with these threads for two plus years as we where and you surely would have seen the inside of this. Hope you understand my point and I say again – it is NOT a dig at you as a person ok ? There are a few more trolls that did their damage and left – never to post again (except south coast of course but he obviously has his reasons why he is / was unhappy)

Last but not least – a real personal appeal from the heart:

My Guns have been blazing today but I also would like to pull them back and blow the smoke away and appeal to everyone here today to respect our fellow aviators. I want to send a personal plea to you as a fellow aviator re Mr Gerald Todd. Yes, some of you might not like him for whatever reason. I have met Gerald twice, send 7 students to him (and a few more is coming) and I have just the greatest respect for him, his business, his personnel and his lovely family.

GT / CFS / NP has taken the punch now - Sandy you won – well done – let it go now mate. (Please) RIP.

I thank you all for reading this.

My best wishes,

Gunship.