PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University or CPL?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2005, 16:29
NT42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for the posts and advice. It's likely that (unless I win the lottery soon) I'm going to go the university route. However, I'd apply for these 'sponserships' which is at least slightly safer than getting a loan yourself, and doing everything independantly. With university I hope to take the 'aviation technology and management studies' because it actually interests me! The reason for doing management part, rather than pilots studies is beacuse I'm doing the PPL myself anyway.

During this degree, I plan on taking one year in the industry, of paid work. A chance to save a little money, as well as hopefully make an impression and try for a ground based job after the degree. If so, raise some more money, save and save and then pay for all the training. It's going to be rather tough but it has to be done!

Thanks for all the comments and advice, much appreciated!

For anybody doing aviation technology, at Leeds - how much physics is involved? Just asking as physics (even though I did it at AS) isn't my strongest subject, and wouldn't like to think the course revolves around it!

Cheers,

JW.