PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merger with SAS
Thread: Merger with SAS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2001, 00:44
Hung start

Smile

ten/four,

The expansion up to 50 aircraft you´re talking about....tell me more! Is that something that Braathens have planned?? In that case, on the verge of bankrupcy, that is a pretty bold plan!! Sorry to sound ignorant, but I haven´t heard of such plans.
The expansion is already moving on at a hefty pace in SAS with Airbuses starting to arrive, and to be flown by SAS folks. So please enlighten me!!

Your rumour about 767, yes I heard that we are keeping 2 longer than planned, but not for BU!!!

Lets see if the deal goes ahead. If it does, the official plan is still to let BU operate as an independant. And that I hope, together with you and High, that it will.

If not, and BU is incorporated into SAS, then and only then, is it of interest to talk merging senioritylists. If you´ve read my opinion on that, and think that my attitude on that subject is lousy, then so be it. But I hope that we stay seperate, if for nothing else, then to avoid all the bad stuff that we see will occur!!

Now, where is the advantage in giving BU two 767´s to fly charter in, when SAS has plenty of crews trained and current.