PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University or CPL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2005, 10:54
NT42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the reference thread - very informative. Thats answered my question about fATPL differences to CPL/ME etc.

I've still got a massive, and tough choice to try and make. As FBP said, university is something not to be missed. Almost everyone I've spoken to told me to do it. My aim was to go through university, get my PPL and try and get a sponsership. But with the severe lack of them at the moment, I'm having to think elsewhere.

Do you need the CPL to get the FI? I have thought about doing this, as an hour builder. It's very tough though, I'm tempted to go for the training and effectively skip university but I don't want to be in the position of having my CPL or fATPL and no job at the end of it. There doesn't seem to be many jobs which one can do without the ATPL.

Anyone care to offer any advice?

The other thing is the money. With university I'd be using a student loan, to be paid back when I'm actually earning a wage. I don't know of anything which would loan me the money for flight training. Very difficult subject.

Cheers,

JW.