PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What About If You Can't Afford A Type Rating?
Old 29th Jul 2005, 16:13
celtflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to say it but if you got the cash go for type with hours, I have a weekend number flying which gives me average 10/15 hrs, recently I have been out-flying my instructor mates.
I work a real soul destroying job during the week but my cash is steadily increasing- and as soon as I have enough, if an airline has not bitten I will be very tempted to go for type+hrs.
My present job helps me decide emensly when I may have reservations about throwing more money at this route, if anything its a goal for me.
I come home and study my preferred type CBT in eager preparation.
I am just sorry- the argument that I am contirbuting to lower market conditions for pilots does not sway me when I hear of others landing nice shiney jets after SSTR or paid line time, I seem to live in a very miserable place called "unemployed commercial pilot land" and when been shouted at by complete arses all day I would pay anything to escape.
Yes If I wait I may get my call, but then again might not and as I must live this life its too much of a risk to take by waiting for me. I dont have ties and still have a couple of years till i hit thirty not that that matters, but I could work solid for a yr and a bit and finance type plus hrs, for me thats a glimmer of hope and all that keeps me happy amidst the plethora of PFO letters.
I am sure this route does not settle with alot of you guys but thats my pennies worth, I dont wish to contribute to a cancer of my preferred profession but the thought of becoming a statistic by far drives me in such directions.