PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2005, 12:41
AAIGUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're on crack. There is not reason not to go home every month if you want to. Some guys work a month on and month off. If someone is greedy and wants to be paid for three months straight that is their deal. Pilots here are contractors and come and go as they please.

With regards to safety, there has been one incident of an aborted take off in Sharja that over ran on the reject. The aircraft in question was maintained by LUFTHANSA in Frankfurt.

Taxes are an annual thing. And yes it takes tax planning and a proper accountant. The same as you would need if you worked for CX or Emirates.

AAI is not the best thing going, its not even in the top 20. But it is a damn sight better than most things and I have never been happier. Nothing in Canada , with the possible exception of HMY, can compare.

and btw, I spent most of my paid days off in Thailand. Why would you not have lifestlye here. I go home every month and spend 8-10 days on vacation somewhere with in a few hrs of where I am based.. My life is a paid holiday.