PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airindia Express Grounded
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2005, 21:53
boeingdream787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink BOM-DXB on AIX

Hey robin747.I never said that the AIX model was meant to post a profit or for that matter even work....!!! I was proving just the contrary.Secondly the price of gas is not 150c/usg but approx $3/usg.And the average consumption of the jet in question(B738) is approx 2.6t/hr and not 2t/hr.Dunno what u were trying to prove but u certainly wont get there with those figures...!!And BTW robin747.....given those figures ALONE the cost of a BOM-DXB turns out to a MINIMUM of $30.....!!!!!! This is ONLY the cost of fuel!!! Again i dunno WHAT you were trying to prove but i just thought i should correct ur figures given the fact that I had so clearly mentioned in my earlier post that AIX just COULD NOT profit anyways without cutting into the Pilots salaries......which should have a fixed base....which also makes its payment structure illegal.Mebbe u were also trying to reiterate the same.Cheers anyways.
P.S......What do u think an airline should do if 3/4ths of its total P1 strength leaves it suddenly without the 6 month or even without a ONE days notice.....and that results in cancellation/transfers of 1/3rd of its sked???Leaving AT LEAST one brand new AOG for want of a P1.I sure as hell would go seeking whatsoever help I could rope in buddy....!! Legal or otherwise.Remember, alls fair in love and poaching..........lolol.