PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merger with SAS
Thread: Merger with SAS
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2001, 00:05
malteblaxhed

Hung start,
You are absolutely correct when you assume that I'm not speaking on behalf of the BU pilots ; I have no connection whatsoever with Braathens.
Believe me, I know these issues are very complicated indeed. What I would do, if I was involved, is to try and convince the SAS pilots that this is not only a problem, but more importantly a great OPPORTUNITY.
You have a golden chanse to show the aviation industry that it CAN be done, and by doing so earn the highest respect of colleagues all around the world. That kind of respect is, in my book, worth a LOT more than any number, up or down, on the seniority list.
As I see it, the key issue is that whatever agreement is made is reached by fair negotiation between the pilot groups. This may seem obvious to most of us, but judging from history not everyone agree.
The union representatives ON BOTH SIDES must be able to face their members and stand up for whatever deal is made.
A solution that is imposed onesidedly is destined to be a failiure.
If you succeed, you will set an example for future takeovers/mergers all around the world.
People will say : Let's use the SAS-BRA deal as a starting piont for these negotiations. Those guys had success where everyone else failed... They must truly be the best.
Malte