PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 747-400 - Ruby Tuesday
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2005, 12:49
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and the a/c was Ruby Tuesday (sorry not got the reg). The interior seemed quite tired and the IFE was not what I had expected from Virgin
Most strange, I flew VS LHR-LAX & SFO-LHR last August & I'm sure that one of the two aircraft was named "Ruby Tuesday". I'm not into "reggies" so took no further interest. However I was in "Y" on sectors on the two aircraft which incidentally were NOT the same in config.,though both had IFE with screens in the seat backs, the return sectors 744 was equipped with the enhanced IFE where the "play loop"is eliminated & one can stop start & load own choice movies from large store. The other was more akin to the standard BA offering where there is a more limited choice playing at set times.
As for "Y" seat comfort, as far as I can see, regardless of the airline & less than 32" seat pitch with all 3 seats occupied long haul & you're in for a pretty uncomfortable ride irrespective of the "seat padding" & VS is no different to the many offerings I have experienced "over the pond" ie BA,CO,UA.
Though I am not now going to start on food & service !