PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What About If You Can't Afford A Type Rating?
Old 28th Jul 2005, 08:44
Mintflavour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I thought about this very question last night.
Currently CPL/ME FI(R) and fortunately will be in a position to have paid all of my flying off this christmas. I instruct part time and therefore building some hours, however bored out of my brain in my full time job. On the one hand I was looking forward to having some money again, though on the other I know If I want to try and fulfil a dream I am going to have to make further sacrafices, so another 15K ish for the IR and hopefully MCC, but I dont think I could do this anymore to pay for a type rating, at the age of 30 I would also like to put a bit more investment into my personal life eg. keep the very long term girl friend happy, move into a bigger house etc.

So as above, is it really worth finishing of the ATPL when possibly an ATPL is no longer enough to land a job???

I need to make the dscision soon as my ATPL theory expires at the beginning of june. My current gut feeling is to do a NIKE (just do it)

All the best

mint

Last edited by Mintflavour; 28th Jul 2005 at 10:55.