PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star & Qantas lose big time to Virgin Blue.
Old 27th Jul 2005, 13:40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz Ocker.

I couldnt make heads or tails of what you wrote but finally got the gist after 3 reads or so.
Basic English will suffice next time pal.

I have flown both Jetstar as well as VB.
At least QF made the effort to get a substitute aircraft to ease Jetstars problem.

I was caught up in the Melbourne Airport Virgin Blue debacle some months ago and that was appalingly handled by all accounts by both staff who were obviously out of their depth (smiling just didnt make the problem go away) as well as confrontational pax that hated being smiled at and told to go away (but very nicely).
I not only heard boos, but also some pretty nasty abuse.

Seeing the poor VB staff break down crying only made it quite clear they lacked the training to handle this mob situation.
It made me wonder how the company would handle a real emergency with injuries??

No, I didnt like the Jetstar experience (ground handling/ticketing) but will fly them again if it suits me as they were great once we got away and seemed professional - especially the Tech Crew.

As for VB, yes I will fly them again if it suits me also as that affair was a "one of" in my book.

When it comes to the chequebook and suitable timetables the travelling public have short memories.