PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merger with SAS
Thread: Merger with SAS
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2001, 22:04
Nite_Flite

Cool

Finally a great thread on the Scandinavian Forum...

Now, I never compared Air Botnia and Braatens in terms of quality nor salary. However I still think they will be appendices to SAS, and the last thing they should hope for is a "merger" of seniorty lists. They will end in the wrong end.

Nick, PLEASE explain to me just HOW you figure SAS Commuter LOST 8 years seniorty. Lets not confuse the issue. SC pilots have never had any RIGHT to a place on the list.
Through negociation a DEAL was made, which works great for both companies. Question: How can you lose something that is not yours in the first place?
I am sure you ment that the SC guy is 8 years behind another who guy who started in SAS simultaneously. Maybe they both applied to SAS but only one passed. They other (maybe you, but I doubt it) applied to his 2 choise SC and got it, never expecting a job in Airline.

If my memory serves me right - yes I was employed at the time - LIN pilots lost 5 years seniorty, as compared if their company hadn't folded. Also here the same goes. They had no RIGHT to the senority slots they got. What they got was lucky, very lucky. Lucky that Wahlenberg talked their case. Some, not many actually moved from left seat LIN to left seat SAS. Not bad. I think it usually takes 10 years.

I'm not hostile towards any of these companies, just wanted to call it as I see it.

If I was in braatens I wouldn't worry to much, but good airmanship would be to plan ahead and file an application with Ryan, BA, Korean and Emirates. All airlies who are accepting resumes.

OK....take a swing *GG*