PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 10:11
Phoebe Buffet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I paid for a CPL/IR Multi with CFS some years back and on arrival in George found the twin in pieces, aircraft in disrepair and moral with staff and students so low I nearly slit my wrists!!. Of course I wanted a refund but was willing to forego the deposit as is norm in most businesses.

As I'd paid 50% course cost up front and was on CFS student visa Todd threatened me with allsorts.....I even got a midday visit from some 'heavies'. A visit to a lawyer in George confirmed my fears ' You are the 5th student this year (July) to come to me with complaints about this particular man and his business and yes we could fight it and win but it would cost you more and waste two years of your life'.

I renogiated the terms of the contract but lost a lot of money.The happy ending is I did transfer to a very good school in Durban and subsequently got a job in SA.

I have never and will never recommend CFS or any of Gerald Todd's businesses. In fact I always tell those interested to do a reccie trip to their country of preference before paying a cent as diff. people relate to diff. schools and environments.....my very costly lesson however I have never heard as many complaints about a school as I have about CFS and Gerald Todd.

My bad luck or bad judgement I guess!.