PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star & Qantas lose big time to Virgin Blue.
Old 27th Jul 2005, 07:40
Oz Ocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Jet Star & Qantas lose big time to Virgin Blue.

Well Jet Star, and Qantas youses 'ave done yer asses as far as me daughter and 'er partner are concerned.
Now loosin 2 people might mean sfa to ya, only thing is the partner is the Q'ld head of a major overseas compeny thats got branches in all states in Ozzie (and the rest of the world).
The story as she told me.

They was booked with jet Star, ta fly from Bris ta Hammo Island (that place where Dicko reckuns there all snobs who oughta buy there own airline anyway), and then take a boat ta Hyman Is.
There was more than 30 in the group booked.
So approachin departure time the announcement comes across, sayin the plane thats serposed ta do the run is still in the newcastle area - bad weather I think she said - an that the flights gunna be delayed by quiet a while.
Well natcehrally everyone wonders orf to have a cold one, or a cuppa, or somethin.

The announcement is made sayin that a Qantas plane is available but that ya hafta be at the bordin gate in 5 minutes, so orfs they rushes.
Now because 'er partners the orgynizer he wants to try ta find out how many in the group is still missin, so he goes up ta the gate person, tells 'em who 'e is, an asks which ones has already checked in?
"we carn't tell ya that for sercurity reasons." 'e gets told.
"Well" sez 'e, "if I give you the list of names, can you tell me how meny still have not checked in?"
"Sorry but the Qantas computers carn't talk ta the Jet Star ones" 'e gets told. "Also the ones who get on this flight mightnt get their bags today on this flight - they might be on a later flight, or even tomorra."

Well they gets on, and the partner then has ta walk up an down the rows of seats to see how many made it. Only 20.

Me daughters flown with Virgin Blue a cuppla times now, and she sez that although evryone likes ta take the plss outta them for the games they play, at least the cabin crew gives the passengers some attention, which was a lot diffrent to the INDIFFRENCE of the Qantas cabin crew.

The flight back was with Jet Star, an they both decided ta buy the onboard "snacks" for sale.
She said she got the very last snack - a cuppla dry old beef sandwitches for $5, and her partner got a few misrable corn chips with some Cheez Wiz (or sumthin simlar) - an that only half the passengers 'ad been done at that time. "What about the others?", asks my sweet little girl. "Well weve run out, so they miss out." was the reply.

NEVER again with jet Star or Qantas, they both agreed, Virgin Blue next time.