PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2001, 22:41
Speedwing

If you want to see a comparison of where we stand against the airlines, have a look at the latest edition of The Log. There is an excellent article by John McGurk and he puts forward our case very well. I only hope those in management see the article and take heed of the warnings (and the oil companies come to that).

Whoever, it was who was asking about the letter posted at Bristows, it was put on this list by North Sea Phantom. The letter was accompanied by a report of the meeting posted by 100%RPM.

Interestingly enough, the two items were stapled together in the Bristow crewroom and as "[email protected]" appears to be the e-mail address offering copies of the text of the letter, I can only guess he is the instigator. I have to agree with Rameses III with his comments over this person. This person has done more harm that good in my opinion. We need to be supporting our negotiating team, NOT causing them more problems. They have more than enough to contend with by trying to get a so-far unsympathetic management to come up with something to take to the workforce. Despite the gagging order imposed by management (which I have seen in other comapnies during crucial pay negotiations and so is not an unusual thing to happen - Bristow is not alone in this), it basically means that the union negotiators believe that the company has not given them anything near to what their members want and therefore both have retired to allow the management to see if they can come up with something better. To tell everybody about things which are not actually on the table is worthless. Why not let the team get something that they can take to us to vote on. THEN, we can decide what we want to do about it and let our CC know.

Then is the time to say "50% or nothing" or (to me) the more sensible approach of trying to increase over say 3 years.