PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2001, 21:20
Special 25

OK, I think we're all agreed in the same(ish) goals. Perhaps we need to come up with some figures for Balpa to go in with - It seems that the situation has changed in the 3 months since we were asked what pay-rise we were looking for and we're all asking for another 5-10% on top of that.

Can anyone in the know, look at the pay scales at Easyjet, Go etc. then find some middle ground between them and us and start batting around some figures. I don't want to start a total riot but I feel we aren't going to get 50% and I really want to see where the threshold is between the majority of pilots walking out, and pilots being satisfied.

I think we can be as open as we like here as management are well aware of the general feeling on the ground, and my belief is that if we can get 15% now with a guaranteed 15% minimum, for next year (to be negotiated upwards), then that will be an acceptable proposition. If I am wrong, then please let me know now, but at least lets start getting some figures. And don't worry about 'giving our hand away' because you can guarantee one thing, whatever our bottom line is, the companies are going to undercut that by 5% whether its printed here or taken in by Balpa.

We need to establish what is acceptable and stick to it - Anything lower requries some sort of action by all. And don't just come back with 40 or 50% as I am not looking to break the companies, but get an established foundation for future pay scale increases that will have us up with the fixed-wing crowd in the next 5 years.

If I'm speaking totally outwith the rest of you then shoot me !!