PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2001, 14:10
COLLECTIVE FRICTION

I'm sorry the meeting didn't work out..... but I'm not surprised. Apathy wasn't the only factor to cause a low turnout . People have a natural reluctance to be seen to be involved in unofficial forums ( would Pprune work if we all had to reveal our identities ? )That said though , I do think we should have a means of communicating our thoughts to each other and the companies. Why don't we set up a Balpa forum ? This would allow us to discuss and influence Balpa's actions and focus their efforts. At the end of the day , they are the only organisation that the companies recognise so we should be behind them 100%.
With regards to the salary issue I think it's simple . We should employ exactly the same rhetoric against the companies that they have so recently and successfully used against the oil companies. "You have been getting a high quality service at a low price for too long.... start paying up".Both the oil companies and the helicopter operators know that the wages are going to have to increase significantly to keep us happy , and I beleave they are prepared to go that route. All we have to do is stay calm and put forward well reasoned and reasonable requests through recognised channels and we will win.
One final thought for any Balpa reps who are reading this and thinking that I am blowing sunshine up their butts. You should never have agreed to a gagging clause without first consulting us! Communication is a two-way thing.
My typing finger hurts TTFN.

------------------
BOHICA