PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diesel powered helicopters
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2005, 15:28
Head Turner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in Finland can I see this diesel engined 300C?

I think it is a hypothetical item as certification issues would hamper any progress of this kind of technology. Or is the Finnish CAA more forward thinking than the majority of correspondents on this post.

IMHO I believe that there is never a reason for 'quoting' ''It will never happen on a helicopter as it will be too heavy''.

I once wrote that soon helicopters would be crewed by law enforcement agencies who would have gun/rockets fitted as a response to criminal activity, and I was shot down in flames by many who said it was impossible.
Well, what has now happened? There are seroius proposals to fit guns/misiles. So why is it not possible to have a light weight powerful diesel engined helicopter?

Of course there will be such machines, and sooner than the sceptics would believe.

The diesel helicopter is coming and yes the big danger is governmental taxation of GA diesel fuel.

If there is a popular item then the tax man will want to tax it, that's for sure. I would hope they didn't but my hoping will not save the world.