PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advicefor a Newbee Please
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2005, 15:02
Sqwark Standby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The organisation in question here is very obvious to anyone knowing the dynamics of the Illawarra Airport; besides there is only one flying training organisation there so the field is reasonably limited in the guess-factors.
These pilots are required to wear a uniform (complete with gold bars and a distinct rank regime). For the most part, most of their pilots not only operate as instructional staff, but are also rostered as aircrew for their SAR roles with them maintaining a 24 hour roster system - in itself questionable from a F&D aspect especially when numbers are at a premium which appears to be most times.
Of major concern to me here is the waiving of WORKCOVER; Super is one thing BUT WORKCOVER is an entirely different issue all together. Get injured (or killed) at work and you could spend the rest of your life destitute because of a money-hungry organisation that couldn't give a hoot about their employees and is only interested in making more money for the select few who milk the public for all their worth! For years, well before their SAR functions came into being, this mob raised money for there shark patrol functions from right across Australia.......I am yet to find one example of a shark threat in Tamworth or Wagga Wagga; anyone who can think of one instance, please feel free to correct me!