PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advicefor a Newbee Please
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2005, 07:38
4SPOOLED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You dont get super unless you earn over $450 per month, then it has to paid by the employer.

A casual is not entitled to super/holiday/sick pay e.t.c which is why they have a higher hourly rate to reflect that they do not qualify for these extras.

However if you have set hours, a roster that is the same on a weekly basis, you must be deemed part time, with the above benefits. If you work over 30 hours per week for longer than 3 months, you must be then deemed full time and be paid/ given conditions which reflect this.

Contractors are a differant kettle of fish all together and is a very grey area, however if you are treated like staff, wear the organisations logo, represent the company and not yourself, then you will then qualify for the casual/pt/ft classification.

I am a small business operator aswell as a s/cpl so i have been through all these countless times. However it is hard to classify exactly where you should be catagorised as state laws vary and there is always loopholes employers can abuse.

Wageline is the best place to consult, however you also dont want to ark up about it and get yourself an unfair reputation.

Best to walk in my opnion...