PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Western Australian Aviation College
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2005, 12:14
jandakotpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta agree with gyro there

Their reputation is very poor within the industry (outside RACWA)
The diploma isnt really worth the paper it is written on. I have heard some pretty disasterous stories coming from there with their ATPL theory, i have heard most students go elsewhere to finish their ATPL at the end of the day.
Some employers I know tend to keep away from their product of commercial pilots due to a lower quality and not a big picture way of thinking, they are taught to pass the test not how to be a real charter pilot.

When i first started flying many years ago I looked at WAAC but the girl selling it kept ringing me up wanting an application fee.... I knew at that point it was a big waste of money!

As for ECU I have been there too.
I agree here with Cessna Capt. that ECU takes much too long and again the degree isnt worth the paper it is written on. Plus the theory content is lagging a bit... especially for the price!

If you want a course with less politics and a MUCH cheaper price give TAFE a look.

Otherwise the most common option is self study. It is definately the cheapest option.

As for a flying School biggest is not always the best. Find an instructor at a school that you feel is genuine and you feel comfortable with. If you aren't comfortable with him/her you will not learn as much. Be careful of people taking cash up front or a school saying you will fly with lots of instructors. You want a good quality continuous flight training program.

Good Luck!!

Safe Flying