PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Endgame
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2002, 02:51
MarkD

Rebel PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Anyone else think the semi-state [no, not EI, RTE] showed themselves up by expecting the panelists to comment on a report based on two paragraphs!!!

What WW has to get his head around is that Ryanair lose our bags or whack them off things and guess what? We don't expect EI to do much better! What the general public has in its head is the image of DUB shut down and Airbuses on the tarmac.

Were Ansett and Sabena and Swissair not evidence enough? I'm patriotic and I will fly Irish over anyone else if I can but when I have flown BA [mainline, CFE and BRAL] I felt on a fullservice airline. On EI I don't.

EI, IMHO, needs an all airbus fleet as with Ansett III and it needs it now, with the 146 and 737 gone. Sabenas got some A319s doing nothing to get them started, could even swap with VEX for the -500.

Also, I think the Irish Govt should buy the rights to the Shamrock logo so that if EI is sold and f*cked about with the branding can be withdrawn. We don't want an "Australian Airlines" scenario, where QF put their country's name on a low cost.