PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Endgame
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2002, 19:51
Elwood Senese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oneworld I couldn’t agree more. Too many people have seen EI as an extension to the Irish government for too long and, in my opinion this is a major (the only?) cause of the ridiculous staff vs. seat equation.

Of course people will be upset and say the company hasn’t honoured its commitments and it’s not fair but as you say that it is the way the world goes around.

Crusty: If the pilot body would rather see the company go under than accept changes to working practices then that speaks volumes. WW should just turn out the lights. I truly hope this doesn’t happen, but the individuals who have already signed will, perhaps, feel a little easier living with their decision to leave voluntarily.

Call_Belle et. al.: References to coffee machines on the fifth floor and the relative merits on the coffee in the ‘Canner’ warrant no place on this forum.

Since September there has been a lot of sadness and anger in EI, at all levels I must add, and I thought the company would pull through.

Personally I would be upset to see it go under. Though recent events in EI have already cost me and my partner jobs we both enjoyed.

Wise up guys…