PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2005, 00:04
Hobgoblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto. I did my initial PPL training with Cape Flying Services in the space of about 5 weeks ( I was lazy and the weather was sometimes not too great! ), had a great time and also made some good friends. At that time Gerald suggested that I look at aviation as a career but due to other considerations it didn't happen then.

However his comments about one never being too old stuck and I now find myself at the ripe old age of 38 sweating through the foul fourteen for a UK ATPL. Maybe I'll never fly the big jets but maybe someone will pay me someday to fly aeroplanes and that's good enough for me!

So, to all the detractors of Cape Flying Services out there I'm sorry you didn't have as great a time as I and a bunch of my mates did and your disappointment has been duly noted. You don't have to go back to CFS and you can even tell your friends you had a bad time but that doesn't mean you speak for all of CFS' previous students. You don't speak for me, so relax and find yourself somewhere else to continue or complete your flight training.

In short: Get over it and carry on with your life.