PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - time between checking notam's and vfr flight.
Old 24th Jul 2005, 08:51
Pierre Argh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know its a fact that many clubs/pilots do not have internet access? C'mon... when one considers the cost against the other costs involved in aviation it is amazing this is still the case... particularly with the incessant trend towards on-line data disemination? (a basic PC can be bought for less than the cost of a GPS and broadband access for 50p a day)

It's pretty obvious to me, commit aviation and you're entering an exciting, but dangerous world where ignorance is no excuse. If you are required to check data before flight the sooner you do so, and the more comprehensive your search, the safer that information will be... the longer you leave it, the greater the chance of paying the price.

(...and don't rely on the ATSU to update you. They probably will, (duty of care etc) but this will be subject to workload and having sufficient knowledge of your flight profile and intentions and does not absolve you of any responsibility.)