PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi pilots to call crewing at end of every duty day
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 12:47
CosmosSchwartz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acbus1 - Well don't bloody post on a public forum then. Last time I checked there was a BMI forum so why don't all you hard done BMI types sod off there and moan! You seem to be talking more about roster disruption in general, and the decay of your quality of life at BMI over time. You're absolutely right, those of us not at BMI don't know what it's like there, and I sympathise if conditions have deteriorated as they seem to have done everywhere else. However, that was not the subject of this thread. In saying that, despite what you and bmimainline seem to think, practically all airlines have roster disruption. We all get calls and some point or another changing our next days flying, hell I even get called some mornings to change THAT days flying. I've seen nothing in anything posted by BMI pilots that's worse than what goes on where I work and at a few other airlines where I've got friends working.

Notwithstanding all of the above, the point was about calling at the end of shift and I still can't see any way that increases your roster disruption. If the roster is changed it's changed. Whether you call at the end of shift or get woken at silly am by a phone call from ops what difference does it make, you're still getting changed!

As the post related to calling ops at the end of a shift, I'd suggest that it's you guys who don't know what you're talking about, seeing as you don't actually start doing it until Monday. The rest of us who do it as a matter of course are telling you it makes little or no difference to roster disruption. Maybe you should listen.

Time to go back to the land of non-bmi and non-aircrew in our ignorant little world.

Last edited by CosmosSchwartz; 23rd Jul 2005 at 15:22.