PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Organisations Committees and their members
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 09:14
Parrhresiastes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUNYA

It is hard to disagree with the general thrust of your argument, but I have a difficulty with;

allowing comments midstream from the peanut gallery is a very unwelcome distraction
In this particular instance it seems that comments from the peanut gallery are welcome on their forum but responses may or may not be made depending on whether there is or is not a consensus on the committee.

Why then have a forum at all?

The internet and the democratisation of information ownership that it has brought about is barely, what, 10 years old and already it is an integral and totally indispensible part of our lives.

If I can check 24/7 on the internet exactly where the new pair of Ugg boots I bought on the internet last Thurs from a Moorabbin firm by direct internet bank transfer are, in the Australian Air Express System, why is it so difficult for any organisation to keep their members up to date in the same way.

24 phone calls, 102 emails
in a day?? at 5 mins per thats 10.5 hours, even a quarter of that time in an unpaid volunteers working day is too big a call.
I'm not disputing that level of traffic, I've been there, but the way it is handled.

I'll bet training your members and committee to go to the forum and insisting that they do so, rather rather than ring or email for FAQs would cut the above down heaps.

But there are those common denominators I guess.