PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 08:36
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandy got his run here because of the breathtaking, long term abrogation of the whole truth by SA schools and their agents, including membership owned and run ones, recruiting european PPL students.

They reap what they collectively sold to amateur pilots each of whom returned to europe and the UK to find how ridiculously and hopelessly limited the SA PPL is outside Africa.

We have those representing schools stupid enough to have gone into print to us here in the Towers claiming the onus is on the student to discover the truth versus the claims on their website when I personally queried the content.

Let me make this absolutely clear. I personally raised these issues, made it clear who I was, the website I run and the replies were sent to my personal email address. And if anyone wants to seriously dispute this I will name and shame. Clear?

The mote is in the eye of SA GA and not those who stand up against misselling of amateur level licence courses.

If any readers want to turn their back on an international website which has a 10 year history of getting the truth out whatever the legal pressures go ahead and fill your boots. I will not embarrass the regulars with a list of the SA scandals uncovered on this forum year after year or the distinguished list of proven lawyers who threaten us with proceedings on an all too regular basis.

Sometimes the truth is uncomfortable but it does not stop it being an issue. Just because we are talking about mere PPL training does not stop it becoming another thorn in the reputation of SA aviation.

To those mentally composing their ripostes already may I point out that simply taking a poke at one dogged, obstinate and bloody minded Brit has already been done to death if you'll forgive me paraphrasing the astounding quality of the general rebutals here. Neutral observers read that as simply avoiding any mention that 40 or so others are angry enough to take legal action and court dates actually existing.

Or is that too uncomfortable as well?

Yesterday I wrote to you with solid and truthful information about scammers trying to screw 250 euros out of applicants for Virgin Nigeria. You know that we will expose them by name as soon as we can get the information we are actively seeking from PPRuNers worldwide. Not one of you lot complained regarding that did you?

I´m writing the solid, unadultereated truth now. What sort of forum do you guys actually want is the the real question.

Regards to all,
Rob LLoyd