PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi pilots to call crewing at end of every duty day
Old 22nd Jul 2005, 11:35
Vol7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY GOD!!!
I can't beleive some of the rubbish I am reading, how on earth can this be such a big deal to some Pilots.
The idea behind this is not to shaft crew members but to improve relations and roster disruption.
What is the difference between them putting your name on the board or you calling in anyway (at least this way you are free to go straight to your cars after getting off the aircraft rather than the office to check if your needed).
You get 30mins from being on blocks before you are off duty so during this time call in (oh dear such a hardship). This is standard practice at a lot of other airlines and will dramatically reduce roster disruption caused by the few that refuse to call in even if their name is on the board at least this way the onus is on them and can be properly repremanded when they continue with their refusal to call in (These peoples attitude makes me sick when they believe rather than having a change of duty they would rather their colleagues are shafted) Now ask yourselves are crewing screwing you over are management screwing you over or have you indeed been well and truly shafted by your counterparts (The few ignorant counterparts that result in mass disruption!!!)