PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Organisations Committees and their members
Old 22nd Jul 2005, 04:31
Parrhresiastes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Organisations Committees and their members

From an aviation website;

Member A apparently a forum moderator

This section of the Forum was designed to enable meaningful debate or liaison between members and the Committee.
My recent understanding is that the Committee - for a number of reasons - has decided not to contribute and may actually be considering a definite non-contribution undertaking.
I would value comment from members of this Forum on what they believe should be the Committee position re interchange of ideas, even complaints, on the Forum. Speak up before the Committee takes any monastic oath!
Member B

Certainly the Committee should be answering questions posed by members on this forum. My reasoning is as follows.

1. The Committee is accountable to the members and part of this accountability should be to answer all questions posed by members within a reasonable time frame. Saying nothing in response to a legitimate question invites the perception that information is being withheld from members because the Committee is contemplating action that the members would not approve of.

2. The forum is the quickest and easiest and most economical way of achieving the above.

3. Answering questions in a forum informs all members of the issues and can actually strengthen members perceptions of the Committee by demonstrating the strength of the response.

4. It is simple business courtesy to reply in the same format at the query was received: if they rang, ring them back; if they faxed, fax them back; if they posted on a forum, post back.
Their leader spent a page and a half editorial in their magazine on a spray against any who might hold a different view than they, as being anti GA.
Does this form of conduct make you confident with the relevance of their leadership?
And would it have you wanting to sign up if the above members are unable to sway their Committee into being more communicative?